Monday, February 8, 2010

Torn down

Well since the last time I visited the Park it looks like parts are being renovated to be used by Queensland police as a Police Academy. A lot of the decommissioned buildings have already had the asbestos removal teams go through, and while they were there I'm pretty sure I saw hydrotherapy baths being thrown out.
The oldest building, the old Woman's ward(the multi level building with no floor boards) is still untouched. Speaking of the old woman's ward a friend and I visited it a few weeks back, it really isn't as scarey as the other buildings. It's just harder to get around inside!
Any one ever managed to get a hold of there relatives files through Freedom of Information? Would love to hear from you if you have.
Also any stories of other abandoned places are welcome in the comments too

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still able to access this place?

Anonymous said...

I used to work there during Summers back in the 1980's coming from overseas as a student. It is sad that the park has now been decommissioned as I wanted to re-visit the place where I spend considerable time figuring out what it was like to be an in-mate and what it was meant to be insane and locked-up. Can anyone let me know what the place is now like before I return for a visit hopefully sometime this year?
Alex

Anonymous said...

I love the womans ward. After reading this i didn't realise there were other wards as well.

I am looking to visit there sometime soon for a photo shoot. Thats if i don't get in trouble. I will forward you any images i take. Very beautiful but scary place.